Granny LEAN nee McINTYRE and son Hector November 1917.
It was a photo postcard sent to her son Alex who was overseas serving in World War 1.
To the right, is her message on the reverse of the postcard.
Alexander McINTYRE, born c 1807, his wife and son,Alexander Annan McINTYRE migrated to New Zealand.
Alexander married Euphemia TODD at Knox Church, Dunedin 17 October 1867. (Euphemia [nee CHRISTIE] was a widow with three children).
Alexander and Euphemia had ten children.
1. Helen Gibson Annan born 1869, Dunedin. Married Henry Lean 1888. They had seven children. She died at Hastings 23 March 1945 and is buried at Havelock North.
2. Alexander Robinson born 1870, East Taieri. He married (1) Jane Howell and they had one child.Married (2) Julia GILLIES. Died 1943.
3. Euphemia Christie born 1872, Otepopo. She married William FOX and they had five children. Died 1944.
4. William Christie born 1874, Hampden. Died 1903, Puketapu, Hawkes Bay.
5. Lily Campbell born 1876,Hampden. She married Richard BRICE and they had four children. Died 23 July 1961, Napier and buried at Taradale Cemetery.
6. Grace Gorrie Christie born 1879, Mataura. She married William ROBINSON.
7. Flora Campbell born 1881, Gore. She married Alexander TODD. They had two children. Died 9 November 1973.
8. Margaret Christie Yardley born 1883, Gore. Died 15 August 1885, Puketapu, Hawkes Bay.
9. Walter John Yardley born 1885. Married Margaret MITCHELL. They had six children.Died 1962 and buried at Puketapu,
10. Margaret S born 1891. Died 1965. Buried Puketapu.